Friday, February 10, 2012

Ultimate Goal: Be healthy

Since the second half of January I've been going to gym and to tell you honestly it is not easy. Gladly, I have a trainer with me to guide and help me on what to do. I mostly do weight lifting because I want to gain weight. Actually, most people think that I do not need to go to gym because I'm "sexy", well I'm not. I'm thin and not sexy. Of course I want to be sexy, who doesn't? But it is not the only reason I decided to go to gym. The ultimate reason is I want to be healthy.


I watch what I eat and drink and I get enough sleep most of the time. But with all that I know for sure that I lack in exercise. Before enrolling to a gym, I can't even remember the last time I exercised, it has been probably years. Reason for not exercising: LAZINESS. I'm too lazy to do it on my own. Then a friend who enrolled to a gym encouraged me to enroll as well, at first I was hesitant but in the end I decided to enroll. 

The first few meetings I thought of not going to gym because of laziness. I thought of excuses so that I won't need to go like I forgot to bring my things, I need to go home early, I'm meeting someone, etc. But this friend of mine who encouraged me to go to gym always reminds me a day before to bring my things and he even asks me the next day if I did bring my things. So my excuses surely did not work. 

The first two sessions were more on the introduction and assessment part. The third session was the start of my workout. My trainer would first demonstrate the exercise that I would do with the proper posture, breathing and counting. Each exercise, I usually need to do them for 12 counts and 3 sets and will increase as we go on. I have to keep in mind to properly execute each exercise so that my muscles will grow correctly. The first sets are always the easy ones to do and the last sets are always the hardest. But no matter how hard they are to do with the pain you will feel while doing them and even after doing them, I have to push myself to do it correctly. Never cheat on the counting however painful it may be. Just keep in mind no pain, no gain. So each time I finish an exercise, it rewards me with the feeling of achievement .

   
At first, I thought that it will be just exercise, exercise, exercise at the gym. Surprisingly, I've enjoyed each day that I was there because of my friend and the people we've met. Random person we've ride the elevator with and talked to us, other members of the gym, other trainers we were able to talked to, the "kuya" who I think is the maintenance person, the ladies at the reception, our trainer and of course, my friend. I'm really glad that I've met them and thankful for my friend who encourage me to enroll to a gym. Exercising at the gym is a lot fun when you enjoy the company of people you're with.



I may still be far from my goal but well I've just started. And I'm not even on my one month yet of going to gym but I've already seen improvements. Yay! No matter how long I have to  get to my goal, I'll just have to keep going and surely I'll be able to get there.

2 comments: