Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happiness in simple things

Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.  ~Mother Teresa 

I woke up not really feeling well, so I decided to go to work after lunch with my sister who is on midshift. My sister and I were preparing our brunch and while I was getting water, I remembered that she said she always forgets to drink vitamins. So after filling my glass with water I got two vitamins, one for me and one for my sister. I gave it to her as I sat down the table and she smiled and happily thank me and I felt happy as well because she won't forget to drink her vitamins today. :)

So while we were on our way to work, a mother and her son got on the bus. Unfortunately there were no more seats available. I would really love to offer my seat to her son but I have my laptop with me and I can't stand long because it'll surely hurt my back. Instead, I asked my sister to move since we were on a two-sitter bus and the seats were big. Then I told the boy to sit just beside me, his mother told her "O, tabi ka daw kay ate". He smiled and then sat beside me. Then her mother also smiled and thank me. I felt really happy that he didn't need to struggle standing up while traveling and that I was able to receive beautiful and genuine smiles from strangers. 

I received a text from a teammate asking if I could by him food and I told him that I'll call him once I was at the mall. So as I reached the mall, I called him and asked what he wants to eat and bought them and then went to the office. When I entered our room he was not there so I placed the food on his table. As he got back and saw his food, he smiled and thank me and then ate the food right away.
Those simple smile and thank you from others never fails to make me happy.

(I actually wrote this entry yesterday and I intended to post this before I sleep but our internet at home is not working. Huhu. So I just going to post this today)







No comments:

Post a Comment